Wedding Pictures

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

World's Longest Drive Championship



Last week Levi and I had no clue what we were going to do for the weekend. We had a few ideas, but nothing to spectacular. Well on Friday night, Levi's boss John called Levi and asked him if we would like to go to the World's Longest Drive Championship. John told us that the tickets were VIP passes and that he had a suite for us to stay in at the Casablanca. So of course, we took the tickets. It was so sweet! There was a VIP tent that had all of this food. And then, since we don't drink, they had IBC rootbeer. I have never drank so much rootbeer in my entire life. We had a blast. The guys competing at this event were amazing. They all drove the ball over 400 yards. The winner ended up driving the ball 418 yards. He was only 20 years and was like 5'11'', maybe 160 pounds. He was a little guy, but he was good. Then we went back to our hotel and enjoyed the suite life. So what could of been a boring weekend, ended up being an awesome weekend.



This is the Longest Drive Champion!



This is the champion driving it 418 yards.



7 comments:

Ange said...

It is the greatest to get out of town with just your husband and enjoy a relaxing weekend. I am glad you guys had a good time.

Winsor said...

Nice!

matesen said...

That looks so fun! Your hair is getting so long- you look cute!

Jackee said...

That does sound like fun. Troy would have loved it! Sometimes I long for weekends with nothing planned...enjoy them while you can. I'm almost always running kids somewhere or attending one of their sporting events.

Liz Szilagyi said...

Erin! I stumbled across your blog and wanted to say hi. You are the most gorgeous bride. I love your hair. Who did it? I haven't seen you forever. How is life?

Liz Szilagyi said...

So void my question about how is life. I just read your first blog entry and feel all caught up. Way to go on earning a bachelor's by age 20. I was 24 before I was done!

But now I have a new question. Is Kellie in high school? You mentioned her Volleyball tournament and I just wondered.

Bret and Amy said...

I am not much of a golfer. I kept waiting for you to tell me about this big long cross country drive. Then I saw the golf pictures and caught on. Looks like fun.