Wedding Pictures

Friday, December 12, 2008

Graduation, Oh So Sweet! And Say Bye to Levi's Truck

This is a picture of the fire.



These are pictures from this morning.


Well the last couple of days have been interesting. Well I guess we will do the bad news first. Levi's truck started on fire last night. No joke! He went to one of his friend's house for a seminar. He was in the house for like 5 minutes, when a kid knocked on the door and informed the group that a truck was on fire. Levi ran out and sure enough, it was his truck. He saw 15 foot flames coming from the hood of his truck. They called the fire department and the fire department had to pry open the hood, because it was melted shut. It ended up burning the whole engine. It didn't burn anything in the cab, but it smells really bad. It smells like burnt plastic and rubber. The fire department thinks it was an electrical problem. The weird thing is that Levi's truck was a 2005 GMC with only 45,000 miles on it. So we are hoping they total the truck and then we will deal with a new truck later. I would say that we ran into a little bad luck. Levi was so sad. He didn't sleep an ounce last night.
Second, I finally graduate with my bachelors in accounting this semester! It feels so good to graduate. But unfortunately, I am not done yet. I am starting next semester on my masters of accountancy. This will only take a year. So next fall I will be done for good. I will then take the CPA exam. So I still have a few more items of business to complete.

9 comments:

Ange said...

Good for you for doing your Masters. I can't believe Levi's truck started on fire. I can only imagine how upset he was. I hope he hadn't just spent a couple of hours detailing it.

Jackee said...

Congrats on your graduation, that is awesome. So sorry to hear about Levi's truck, that's crazy. However, something like that happened to me in one of my dad's farm trucks next to a field of golden grain. Scary.

lizzylovell said...

You go girl!
Sorry Levi!

lizzylovell said...

You go girl!
Sorry Levi!

Jenny Kay said...

aww..sad levi!! :(...what a random thing to have happen! at least he wasnt in it! and congrats erin you smart little gal! we need to hang out soon!!

Winsor said...

That is a crazy story about Levi's truck - so sorry. Congratulations on graduation!

Scott and Siobhan said...

Hey erin that sucks big time. Hope it's alright that I found your page. Congrats on Graduating

Nick & Danielle said...

Oh my heck! Poor Levi, he loved his truck. I feel so bad for him. That is what Nick can get him for Christmas, a new truck!!! Hey and congrats on finishing school (kinda), I'll cheer you on from the sideline the next year! Have fun on your cruise and we'll see you Christmas Eve!

Bret and Amy said...

Wow!! to both of you truck and graduation.