Wedding Pictures

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Driving in the Snow

Well these last couple of weekends has been fun. I got the opportunity to go to conference with my family. Levi went elk hunting with the boys in his family and I decided to go with my family to Salt Lake. My family went to the Sunday afternoon session. It was really neat. There was tons of people there.
Well this last weekend I went to Delta to watch Kellie play in her volleyball tournament. Kellie's team won the tournament. She played really well. It was really fun to watch her. Well I went home on Saturday night after the tournament. I was driving back to Cedar, and right before I got to the lime plant, I realized that I was completely out of gas! Like I had less than 35 miles left of gas. So I decided it would be better to run out of gas by Delta, instead of by Milford. So I turned around and headed back to Delta to fill up my car. Well I filled up my car, and by the time I got back on the roads, it was a blizzard. And of course whenever I travel, it is always bad weather. So I was going like 30 mph on the Milford road, when really I should have been flying home. (very frustrating). Well after a 3 hour trip from Delta to Cedar, which normally takes 1 hour and 45 minutes, I made it home. Thats when I realized I only like the snow, when I am at home, not driving.

4 comments:

Winsor said...

I agree! I love snow unless I have to drive in it.

matesen said...

I am glad that you made it home safely! I also hate driving in the snow. I drove from Nephi to Layton on Saturday and it didn't really snow until Bountiful luckily!

Ange said...

I swear whenever I drive up to Salt Lake in the winter it is a terrible blizzard. I am so glad you didn't run out of gas.

Jackee said...

I'm glad you have a blog. It is so cute! I really love the snow. I just try to stay home if at all possible. I remember when we lived in Grantsville and I was going to go to Leamington for something and it was a blizzard. I drove for about 20 minutes, then turned around and went home. My mom was disappointed that we weren't coming, but she understood. They never take care of those back roads from Tooele to Delta.